Finding natural skincare can be a bit of a drag, and often when you do find the natural skincare sections of your local Boots or Superdrug the price can be surprisingly off-putting.
So, throughout our recipe series, we aim to arm you with the knowledge to have a go at making some super simple formulations at home, for a fraction of the price you'd pay in store. We're kicking off with a body moisturiser as most of you will use it on the daily and it's a really simple one to make!
○ 20ml Coconut oil - food grade from the supermarket is perfect
○ 30ml Shea butter (available from Acala)
○ 8ml (approx. 20 drops) Apricot Kernel oil (available from Acala)
○ 5ml (approx. 30 drops) Essential oil of choice: Sweet Orange, Bergamot, Lavender
○ Scoop the coconut oil and Shea Butter into a bowl and whip with a spoon until they are combined and have a smooth texture
○ Add the Apricot Kernel oil and mix again
○ Add your essential oil, either the 5ml of just one ingredient or a mixed blend (we recommend Orange and Bergamot OR Bergamot and Lavender) and mix until dispersed. You can add a little more of your essential oils if you want a stronger smell but be sure to test a little bit on the back of your hand first as the scent will come out more on skin than from your jar.
○ Scoop the mixture into a jar and pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow it to set.
○ Use daily all over the body for a delicately scented, long-lasting lotion.